【十句地道口語解析】01 That takes guts!

(something) takes guts 做某事需要勇氣。Guts本意是內臟,引申為膽量。

Being a police officer takes guts, for sure.
顯然,當警察很需要勇氣。
02 All right, so much for that one.

so much for (something) 人們放棄做一件事或努力泡湯的時候常說的話。

It『s already ten thirty? So much for getting an early start!
都十點半了?得了,不用想早起的事了!

Oh no! He saw us? So much for keeping it a surprise.
哦漏!他看見我們了?好吧,什麼驚喜都沒了。
03 We nailed it!

nailed it 圓滿完成某件事,或說得完全正確。Nail本意是釘釘子。

That』s so true. He『s nailed it.
確實如此,他的觀點一針見血。

Kill it也可以指事情完成得超乎意料地好。
Louise has been killing it! Louise
幹得漂亮!
04 I knew you』d give me a hard time about it!

give…a hard time about… 跟某人過不去、嘲笑某人、難為某人。

When I was growing up, the other kids used to give me a hard time because of my weight. But I just tried to ignore them.
小時候由於我的體重,其他的孩子一直在取笑我。但是我盡量不理他們。

Come on! Why do you have to give me a hard time about that? I told you: I had to work.
拜託,幹嘛老拿這事兒跟我過不去,我都說了,我要工作了。

然而好景不長,人們對他的興趣漸漸消失,他修剪的東西不再被青睞,甚至人們開始誤解他,討厭他,想要殺死他。但是他依然像個孩子一樣為人們表演,逗他們開心。
05 I couldn『t agree more.

couldn』t agree more 「不能更同意」,表示強烈同意對方的觀點。強烈不同意也能說couldn『t disagree more。

I think that this is a great opportunity. - I couldn』t agree more.
-我覺得這是一個非常好的機會。 -完全贊同。
06 Just do it already!

Just… already! 趕緊的做某事!這個短語一般都是在抱怨對方反應太慢,表現一種不耐煩的態度。

I『ve been hearing about this girl for weeks. Just ask her out already!
我聽你念叨這個姑娘已經好幾周了,求你快約她吧!
07 Strangely enough, I just bought a bike.

strangely enough, … 遇到巧合或驚訝的事時的表達,可以翻譯為真巧、真稀奇。

如果你和小李同時找到了新工作,就可以說:

Strangely enough, I just got a new job as well.
真巧,我也剛找到一份新工作。
8 Could you give me a few pointers?

give someone pointers 給某人一些建議。Pointer指建議、提示、線索。

You』re not holding that quite right. Do you want me to give you a few pointers?
你握的方式不太對,你要我給你一些建議嗎?

在一次又一次的摩擦和誤會中,終於爆發了他和普通人類的根本矛盾,他們不能相互理解和信任。可是他依然在付出,他有喜歡的女孩,也會保護差點被車撞的小男孩。此時他內心是強大而孤獨的,他渴望擁有普通生活的勇氣並沒有消失。
9 Who are you to talk?

who... to talk? 表示某人沒有資格發表意見或批評別人,因為他/她自己也做得不夠好。

Who are you to talk? You』re just as messy as me.
你有啥資格說我?你跟我一樣邋遢。

He『s so disorganized. But who am I to talk? I can』t even keep track of what day of the week it is.
他超級迷糊。不過我也好不到哪去,我連今天是星期幾都搞不清。
10 Is it just me, or is it hot in here?

Is it just me, or…? 這是一種委婉的抱怨,一般都是在看對方是否有同樣的意見。

Is it just me, or are these seats even more cramped than normal?
是只有我一個人這麼覺得么,這個座位是不是比一般的更擠啊?

LINE it!
分享至google+
╰( ◕ ᗜ ◕ )╯ 快點加入POP微博粉絲團!
回頁頂